KAMA has provided annual scholarships to qualified medical students since its inception as part of our commitment to education and mentorship. The KAMA scholarship is intended to promote, assist and support eligible medical students of Korean heritage and their pursuit of medical and scientific research studies and community outreach efforts.
KAMA does not discriminate in administration of its scholarship programs on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, handicap, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. All interested medical students are strongly encouraged to join KAMSA and apply for scholarship program.
KAMA SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The applicant must be a member of KAMSA.
- All 1st, 2nd and 3rd year medical students in good academic standing at an accredited U.S. or Korean medical school are eligible.
- The scholarship is intended to support basic clinical science research or a community outreach initiative.
- All applications will be reviewed by the KAMA Scholarship Committee.
- Recognition Award event will be in Los Angeles on Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013.
- Each scholarship award will be in the amount of minimum USD 1000.
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend an annual scholarship dinner in Los Angeles to receive their award and present their work/experience. All travel expenses for attending the event are reimbursed based on receipts submission.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
- Name :
- Gander :
- Date of Birth :
- Place of Birth :
- Citizenship :
- Mailing Address :
- Phone Number :
- E-Mail Address :
- Medical and Graduate Education :
- Honors and Awards :
- Peer-reviewed publications (list or attach separately)
- Please attach a current curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation with at least one from a faculty member from your medical school
- A copy of your medical school transcript
- Please answer the following (double-spaced, 5-page) :
- Why are you applying for KAMA scholarship?
- What is unique about you?
Send all the supporting documents for application by mail to :
Dr. Peter Park, Chairman, KAMA Scholarship Committee
Interventional Radiology & Vascular Radiology
26 Driftwood Lane
Colts Neck, New Jersey 07722